Phlebotomy Technician - Saturdays "Updated"
Dates: February 12 - May 21, 2022
Meets: Sa from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: SCMA 109
Sorry, this course is full.
This program is designed to train students to draw blood samples in a clinical laboratory or public health setting. Over the course of the program, students will gain exposure to on-the-job duties that include drawing blood samples from patients, producing quality laboratory results, gaining the trust and confidence of patients, and much more. The program will prepare students to take the exam for Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT) from the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and State license. Externships will be arranged by the Delta College Phlebotomy Program Coordinator. The program includes 84 hours of classroom instruction and a 40-hour clinical phlebotomy externship. 100% Attendance is required.
Bureau of Labor Statistics (https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/phlebotomists.htm). Employment of phlebotomists is projected to grow 23 percent from 2018 to 2028.
Phlebotomy Technician Curriculum:
- Program: 84 hours of classroom and hands-on learning
- Externship Placement: 40 hours Note: Students must pass background/drug screening and have proof of COVID-19 Vaccination card to be placed in externship.
- 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Foreign high school diploma requires complete foreign transcript degree evaluation. Go to: http:/naces.org/members.html or http:/aice-eval.org/members/
- Immunization health record and proof of COVID-19 vaccine record
- Drug and background check
- Resume Online Registration to Pay-in-Full:
- Click on "ENROLL YOURSELF" then the system will prompt you to set up an account and pay with a debit/credit card. Full payment of $2,750.00 is required. Be sure to notify your bank before making the payment to prevent payment from declining.
- Set up an account, then email Shirley.email@example.com to request for payment plan.
- Shirley will post the $600 invoice to your account: payable by Credit/Debit card.
- You will be notify via email to logon to your account to make the initial payment.
- After payment is cleared, Shirley will send via DocuSign a Payment Plan Agreement to pay 4 monthly payments of $537.50 for your signature.
- $30 Navy Blue or Dark Grey Scrubs (approximately)
- $37 Liability Insurance
- $55 CPR American Heart Association
- $71 Background/Drug Screening
- $115 NHA Certification Exam
- $100 State of Ca License Application PHLEBOTOMY TEXTBOOKS (3) purchase at Amazon
According to CDPH, all healthcare workers must receive the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Prerequisites for externship must be completed by the 6th week of class:
Online registration to make Payment Plan Agreement:
NOTES: Whether paying in full or making payments, $300 is NON-REFUNDABLE if a student attends the first day of class; funds are used to purchase course training supplies and to pay for administrative fees. NO refunds after the first day of class.
This program is NOT-for-credit and NOT eligible for financial aid assistance.
Additional Expenses: (All fees and textbooks are subject to change without notice)
(We recommend that you purchase the textbooks as soon as possible due to the shortage of supplies.)
Phlebotomy Essentials 7th Edition ISBN-10: 1496387074 New Price: $90.95
Student Workbook for Phlebotomy Essentials 7th Edition ISBN-10: 1496399870 New Price: $42.95
Phlebotomy Essentials Exam Review 7th Edition ISBN-10: 1496399897 New Price: $47.37
Kim Bohannon, Phlebotomy Coordinator will be emailing all enrolled students with more program information and the strict pandemic guidelines.
Program Cancellation Policy:
Workforce Training Institute may cancel a course at any time prior to the start date due to low enrollment. In the event of this occurring, a full refund will be issued. NOTE: Register Early! If we do not have minimum enrollment 48 hours before class starts, class make be cancelled.
Refund or Transfer Policy:
To request a refund or to transfer, students must submit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund or Transfer request approvals may only be made for unusual or mitigating circumstances. Examples of mitigating circumstances include but are not limited to: Death in the family, serious illness, or other reasons which are beyond the student's control. Failing to make academic progress will not constitute eligibility to transfer to a new course or to any type of refund.
If a student withdraws before the 1st day of class, a $25 Administrative and processing fee will be charged.
WORKFORCE TRAINING INSTITUTE - OFFICE LOCKE 107 - IN-PERSON VISIT BY APPOINTMENT ONLY! Contact information: Rosalva Ibarra @ email@example.com or Shirley Chapin @ firstname.lastname@example.org (emails will be answered within 24 hrs. Monday-Friday)
|Course Fee (Basic)||None Entered||$2,750.00|
SCMA 109SCience and MAth Building
|02/12/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|02/19/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|02/26/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|03/05/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|03/12/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|03/19/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|03/26/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|04/02/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|04/09/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|04/16/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|04/23/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|
|04/30/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 3:30 PM||SCMA 109|